Change Your Brain Change Your Life with Dr. Daniel Amen
EPISODE TRIGGER WARNING: SUICIDAL THOUGHTS/SUICIDE
This episode is all about the brain and brain health (aka mental health) with physician, psychiatrist and founder of Amen Clinics Dr. Daniel Amen. Whether you’ve heard of him from one of his 12 NYT bestselling books, the Justin Beiber documentary, or maybe he is new to you, Dr. Amen centers his approach around not just pills, but skills. His life mission is to end mental illness by creating a revolution in brain health, and today Erin sits down with Dr. Amen to dive deep into her brain health history. From tips on how to redirect intrusive thoughts to cultivating better brain health and breathing through panic attacks, you will learn so much from this episode. Press play!
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Follow – @doc_amen
Join – Raw Beauty Reset
SHORT ON TIME? Here are some key topics we covered…
- Erin takes us behind the highlight reel of her past 2 months…
- …and Dr Amen responds
- What an appointment at the Amen Clinic looks like
- Reframing mental health as brain health
- How to redirect intrusive thoughts
- The concept of psychological distancing
- Why do we treat other people better than we treat ourselves?
- Reminder: brain health is a daily practice
- Dr. Amen’s top tips for brain health: be curious not furious
- Hapi Brain: how to breathe through a panic attack
- Rapid fire with Dr. Amen: good or bad for your brain?
Like this episode?! Please take a moment to share it with your friends!
Say hi to us on social:
Listen to the podcast here: